We welcome you to Apopka Calvary Church of the Nazarene located in beautiful Apopka, Florida.
We hope you find our site useful and helpful and we trust that you feel right at home. If you are searching for a church home, we would like you to know there is a special place at Apopka Calvary Nazarene just for you.
What is the Church of the Nazarene?
The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan tradition, tracing its roots to an anniversary date of 1908. It was founded to spread the message of Christlike living across the land. Today, the Church of the Nazarene is located in 151 world areas. The Church of the Nazarene is a Great Commission church. We believe that God offers everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life, and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Apopka Calvary Church of the Nazarene was established in 1974. The Reverend James Page was the senior pastor for 35 years until his retirement in March of 2016. The church experienced tremendous growth during his tenure. Pastor Page and his wife currently reside in Apopka and in the Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Their children and grandchildren still attend Apopka Calvary. Pastor Jim and JoAnn still attend services when they can. We are very thankful and appreciative for them and wish them the best in their retirement.
We were very fortunate and excited to announce the Reverend Garry Proehl as our Senior Pastor in 2016. Previously, Pastor Garry led Cornerstone Church of Nazarene in Wheelersburg, Ohio, for over twenty years. He and his wife Annette have five children. All five attended Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois. Their son Dusstin is part of our leadership team in the role of Youth Pastor. Pastor Garry has a passion for our church to be a place where a stranger can come and feel loved and not judged. He wants us to become a beacon in Apopka for the lost and hurt. We have already have been so blessed to have Pastor Garry and his wife as our Senior Pastor.
Agreed Statement of Belief
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.